With the growing middle-class population and rising number of health-conscious consumers, there has been a boost in the growth of the market all over the world. Consumer preference is now shifting to healthy and nutritious foods owing to a rise in health-conscious people and growing aging populations are driving the market for dried fruit. With the rising trend of protein-rich diets, the demand for dried fruits has greatly raised among the younger generations. Fiber, potassium, folate, and magnesium are present in dried fruits. Also, the increase in acceptance of nutritious packaged food and the wide application of dried fruit in the bakery, snack, dairy, and confectionery industries have fueled the demand for dried fruit over the years. Dehydrated fruits are rich in vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and improves skin quality. There are numerous scientific studies that state that certain types of dehydrated fruits and vegetables help in lowering the risk of the progression of specific cancers.
According to the research report, "Global Dried Food Market Outlook, 2028," published by Bonafide Research, the market is anticipated to reach more than USD 23000 Million by 2028, increasing from USD 15939.43 Million in 2022. The market is projected to grow with 6.57% CAGR for 2023-28. Dried fruit has gained popularity as an ingredient for baked foods, desserts, oatmeal, salads, and snacks. The dried fruits market has been divided into dried apricots, dried dates, dried grapes/raisins), dried figs, dried berries (cranberries, cherries, blueberries, blackcurrant, strawberries, blackberry), and others on the basis of type. The market for dried berries is anticipated to lead the market during the analytical year with more than 35% market share. As dates are considered high in nutrients and protect the body from a variety of diseases and they consist of beneficial elements such as minerals, sugar, calcium, iron, and potassium. Also, raisins/grapes can lower your risk of heart disease by reducing blood pressure and blood sugar. The fiber in raisins works to lower your LDL (bad) cholesterol, which reduces strain on your heart.
On the basis of nature, the market has been divided into two parts i.e. organic dried fruits and conventional dried fruits. Conventional dried fruits are dominating the market currently with a market share of more than 68%. But as with the awareness about personal health due to the pandemic, people have started using organic things. As organic products are produced without any use of fertilizers or pesticides, so it makes the product more healthy than conventional. And so the market share of organic dried fruits is rising as people are shifting from conventional to organic products.
The report has considered five distribution channels in the dried fruits market, which are Hypermarkets/Supermarkets, Specialty Stores, Convenience Stores, Online Retail, and Others. Out of which, the Hypermarkets/Supermarkets distribution channel is the one that is dominating the whole dried fruit market with a market share of more than 42%. Now, as almost every person has a smartphone and due to the high discount available on online purchases, people are using an online mode of distribution channel. So the market share of online retails is increasing in the dried fruits market.
On the basis of regions, the dried fruits market has been bifurcated into five regions, which are North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa. The emergence of the new coronavirus had a considerable influence on the fruits and vegetable market. Shippers mentioned that the change was difficult due to manpower and logistical issues, but the fresh supply chain remained robust. Consumers' buying patterns have shifted toward online retailing. Availability and protection of workers, including industrial conditions, logistical constraints, seasonal workers, and disruptions were all issues experienced across the supply chain. The preserved fruits and vegetables sector, such as dried fruits, is considered essential to meet the rising customer demand for safe, healthy, long-lasting products, but stringent adherence to COVID-19 hygiene norms and processes continued to result in increased production costs. The compulsory closures of hypermarkets and supermarkets have affected dried fruit sales in the World.
• DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences entered into an agreement between its food & beverage platform and the Institute for the Future (IFTF), the world’s leading futures organization. This partnership would help the company drive food & beverage innovation by anticipating shifts in market needs, in 2020.
• AGRANA opened a new research and innovation center in order to carry out research for new products as well as innovations in existing products.
Major Companies present in the market:
Chaucer Foods Ltd, Kiril Mischeff, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Berrifine A/S, European Freeze Dry, Red River Foods, Sun-Maid Growers Of California, AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG, Naturz Organics, Messina Verpakkings, Döhler, SUNBEAM FOODS, Ocean Spray Cranberries inc., Olam International, CIMAFRU Group, Manassen Foods Australia Ptv Ltd., Graceland Fruit, Inc., Lion Raisins Inc (US), Pasha International, Angas Park
Considered in this report
• Geography: Global
• Historic year: 2017
• Base year: 2022
• Estimated year: 2023
• Forecast year: 2028
Aspects covered in this report
• Global Dried Fruits market with its value and forecast along with its segments
• Region-wise dried fruits market analysis
• Various drivers and challenges
• On-going trends and developments
• Top profiled companies
• Strategic recommendation
Regions covered in the report
• North America (United States, Canada, Mexico)
• Europe (Germany, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Russia)
• Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea)
• South America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia)
• Middle East & Africa (UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa)
• Dried Apricots
• Dried Dates (In this report, we have considered dried dates. They are basically dates without moisture which make them look harder and shriveled. As per the analysis, the market for dried dates is projected to add more than USD 900 Million market size from 2023 to 2028).
• Dried Grapes / Raisins
• Dried Figs
• Dried Berries (In this report, we have considered various types of berries such as cranberries, cherries, blueberries, blackcurrant, strawberries, blackberries, etc. The market for dried berries was valued at USD 6045 Million which is expected to cross USD 8360 Million by 2028).
• Prunes (A prune is also known as dried plum. According to our research, the market for dried prunes is anticipated to reach USD 1217.29 Million by 2028).
• Others (Other dried fruits segment includes apples, mangoes, oranges, pineapples, etc. The market for this segment was calculated to be USD 1940 Million in 2022 which is expected to grow with a higher CAGR by 2028).
• Organic Dried Fruits
• Conventional Dried Fruits
By Distribution Channel
• Specialty Stores
• Convenience Stores
• Online Retail
• Others (Apples, Mangoes, Oranges, Pineapples)
The approach of the report:
This report consists of a combined approach of primary as well as secondary research. Initially, secondary research was used to get an understanding of the market and list out the companies that are present in the market. The secondary research consists of third-party sources such as press releases, annual reports of companies, and analyzing government-generated reports and databases. After gathering the data from secondary sources primary research was conducted by making telephonic interviews with the leading players about how the market is functioning and then conducting trade calls with dealers and distributors of the market. Post this we have started doing primary calls to consumers by equally segmenting consumers into regional aspects, tier aspects, age groups, and gender. Once we have primary data with us we started verifying the details obtained from secondary sources.
This report can be useful to industry consultants, manufacturers, suppliers, associations & organizations related to the dried fruit industry, government bodies, and other stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies. In addition to marketing & presentations, it will also increase competitive knowledge about the industry.
Asia-Pacific dominates the market and is the largest and fastest-growing market in the animal growth promoters industry globallyDownload Sample