A change is taking place at the breakfast table of an average urban Indian household which is nothing short of a revolution. The home-made idli is being replaced by a packaged branded ready-to-cook batter. A bowl of cereal is elbowing out the hot-from-the pan aloo paratha. Even the regular quick-fix kanda-poha is being shoved aside by multi-grain oats flaunting health benefits. The hustle and bustle around the first meal of the day keeps the packaged breakfast foods mart on the edge. The food makers have tried to change traditional breakfast norms, but need to increase the level of penetration and frequency of purchase. While many bank heavily on urban consumption to rise on the back of health offerings like oats and muesli, others keep a close eye on appropriate traditional breakfast eats.
According to “India Breakfast Cereal Market Outlook, 2021”, breakfast cereal market is growing with a CAGR of more than 15% over last five years. Kellogg’s India, Marico, Bagrry and PepsiCo Quaker are the four leading companies capturing more than 75% of the market. Southern India dominates the market revenues whereas western India is registering high growth rate in the consumption of breakfast cereals owing to its urbanization and increased income of people. The breakfast cereal market is divided into hot cereals viz. mostly oats, but also oat bran and wheat bran, and ready-to-eat (RTE) cold cereals viz. corn, wheat flakes, and muesli. In India, people usually prefer hot breakfasts so hot cereals are growing at a faster pace than ready to eat cold cereals. Nowadays, manufacturers have a range of brands appealing separately to kids, adults and the entire family. Cornflakes, as a category dominates the market with highest market share whereas other cereals like oats and muesli add up for the rest. Oats and muesli, as a category, are growing much faster than cornflakes as people are getting more health conscious and venturing into even healthier foods.
The primary consumers for breakfast cereals continued to be urban consumers. This was because urban consumers prefer a fast arrangement for breakfast due to their lifestyles, and breakfast cereals, especially flakes, provide exactly that. To some extent, of course, the market is self-propelled, thanks to higher spending power and hectic lifestyles. The other big reason is the widespread communication on health, especially on the rising incidence of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and obesity in Indians. Not only are influencers such as doctors, nutritionists and the media passing on these messages, the companies assiduously themselves play the health card in all their communication. Thus, Indian consumers are moving towards convenient and healthier life style thus making the breakfast cereal as an important category in food and beverage industry.
“India Breakfast Cereal Market Outlook, 2021” discusses the following aspects of breakfast cereals in India:
The report gives an in-depth understanding of breakfast cereal market in India:
- Global Breakfast Cereal Market Outlook
- Global Breakfast Cereal Market Size & Forecast
- Global Ready-To-Eat (RTE) Breakfast Cereal Market Size & Forecast
- Global Hot Breakfast Cereal Market Size & Forecast
- Global Breakfast Cereal Market Segmental Analysis: By Company, By Region, By Segment, By Sales Channel
- India Breakfast Cereal Market Outlook
- India Breakfast Cereal Market Size & Forecast
- India Breakfast Cereal Market Segmental Analysis: By Company, By Region, By Segment, By Product Type, By Sales Channel
- India Ready-To-Eat Breakfast Cereal Market Size & Forecast
- India Adult Breakfast Cereal Market Size & Forecast
- India Children Breakfast Cereal Market Size & Forecast
- India Cornflakes Market Size & Forecast
- India Muesli Market Size & Forecast
- India Ready-To-Eat (RTE) Breakfast Cereal Market Segmental Analysis: By Product Type
- India Hot Cereal Market Size & Forecast
- India Oats Market Size & Forecast
- India Hot Cereal Market Segmental Analysis: By Company, By Product Type
- Pricing Analysis
- The key vendors in this market space
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
This report can be useful to Industry consultants, manufacturers and other stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies. In addition to marketing & presentations, it will also increase competitive knowledge about the industry.
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary research. Primary research included interviews with various channel partners of breakfast cereal in India. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Asia-Pacific dominates the market and is the largest and fastest-growing market in the animal growth promoters industry globallyDownload Sample